Mrs. Lindsay Tomlinson
Mrs. Rachel Solem
With a combined 28 years of experience in education, we are thrilled to bring our collaborative efforts and genuine enthusiasm to Staton as we begin our third year as your Administrative Team. We are very much looking forward to the 2019 - 20 school year! This is an exciting year at Staton as we are celebrating our 20 year anniversary as well as embarking on the early stages of becoming a STEAM school!
Because of our amazing students, supportive and involved parent and PTO community, and our dedicated staff, here are some of the highlights and accomplishments over the 2018 – 19 school year that have contributed to Staton's amazing success:
· Accelerated classes were offered to over 125 students in first through fifth grade. Additionally, GATE services were provided to 110 students.
· Technology classes were taught in Staton's Froehlich Tech Lab to provide students the opportunity to work on technology skills as well as integrate 3D printers, green screens, and robots into learning.
· After school tutoring classes were offered to students for assistance with language acquisition.
· Before and after school programs included yoga, piano, Drama Kids, Garden Club, Honor Choir, Instrument Ensemble, Cheer, Red Rover, BEAM for Kids, and Students of Service Club.
· Certified Temporary Tutors (CTTs) provided small-group instruction for acceleration and remediation in reading and math.
· We nominated Conductors of the Month to celebrate positive classroom and school culture as well as honored students with perfect attendance with monthly and semester awards.
· Social Emotional lessons were presented in classrooms (PreK-5) with a focus on promoting self-awareness and self-esteem as well as social responsibility.
Looking ahead, we want to share with you some of our goals for the upcoming 2019 - 20 school year:
· As always, our number one focus is improving student achievement in all academic areas through rigorous and engaging tier one instruction.
· Staton Elementary was awarded a $20,000 grant from the Nevada Governor’s Office of Science, Innovation and Technology that will be used to fund professional development to teachers on project based learning and STEM integration.
· We will be working with students to set and accomplish academic goals for themselves in ELA and math, specifically aligned to their MAPS assessments.
· Another area of emphasis will be the improvement of student attendance through incentive programs and activities that will encourage and reward excellent attendances as well as on-time arrivals and limited early-outs throughout the school year.
Thank you for all that you do to make Staton stand out and stand above the rest! We feel very fortunate to serve as your Administrative Team and we look forward to continuing to work in partnership with you. As always, we appreciate your continued support as we move "Full Steam Ahead" for the 2019 - 20 school year!