November 8 - DAY G
- Staton Spirit Day
- PTO Meeting, 8:35am
- NO SCHOOL - Veteran's Day
November 12 - DAY A
- Flannel Pants Order Forms Come Home
November 13 - DAY B
- 5th Grade Field Trip, 9:15am
- SOT Meeting, 3:30pm
November 14 - DAY C
- 5th Grade Field Trip, 9:15am
- Catalina Informational Meeting (5th Grade Parents Only), 3:30pm
- Student Store Open After School
- Progress Reports Go Home (or given at conferences)
- Catalina Informational Meeting (5th Grade Parents Only) Room 65, 3:30pm
- Parent/Teacher Conferences 3:30-6:00pm
- NO SCHOOL FOR ELEMENTARY STUDENTS - PARENT / TEACHER CONFERENCES, 8:20am-3:30pm
- Catalina Informational Meeting (5th Grade Parents Only) Room 65, 1:00pm
- Ice Skating Night at City National Arena, 4:00-6:00pm
- 5th Grade Catalina Trip On Sale Through Staton Website
- FACES Parent Session - Raising Resilient Children, 9:00am
- 4th Grade Field Trip to Natural History Museum
- SOS Club, 8:15am
- Wear Purple for Pancreatic Cancer
- NO SCHOOL - THANKSGIVING BREAK
DISTRICT WIDE SURVEY
All parents are encouraged to participate in the 2019-2020 District Wide Survey, opening October 28, 2019 through December 20, 2019. The survey is available at https://ccsd.net/survey.
DON'T MISS THE BOAT - 5th Grade Trip Parent Informational Meeting
Back by popular demand, Staton Elementary 5th graders are invited to attend an unforgettable trip to Catalina Island Marine Institute.
An informational meeting will be held on Thursday, November 14th at 3:30pm and again on Friday, November 15th at 1:00pm in Room 65.
The meeting will include the following:
- Details about the field trip to Catalina Island scheduled for April 24-26, 2020
- Cost of the trip and what the costs cover
- Explanation of how to secure one of the 45 spots by paying a non-refundable $225 deposit
Not able to attend the meeting? No problem! Simply send an email with your name and phone number to either Mrs. Mann (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs. Tomlinson (email@example.com). They will contact you to answer questions before the registration window opens.
ICE SKATING WITH STATON at CITY NATIONAL ARENA
Join us for 2 hours of private ice for Staton Families. Tickets are $15 for each skater. Skate rental is included with purchase. Sunday, November 17th from 4:00pm - 6:00pm. Click HERE to see the attached flyer for additional information along with dates and times to purchase tickets.
RAISING RESILIENT CHILDREN PARENT MEETING
Join us on Monday, November 18th at 9:00am for a parent meeting. Build a more positive relationship with your children and help them learn to cope with emotions and stress. Click HERE to see the attached flyer for additional information.
DONATE GENTLY USED CLOTHING
As we prepare for cooler weather, our health office is asking for donations of girls and boys pants/leggings as well as long sleeve shirts. So if your child has grown out of their winter clothes from last year, we would be happy to accept that used clothing!
LOST AND FOUND
As the weather begins to cool, more and more jackets are being left behind. Please have your child check the blue, lost and found bin in the lunch room during their lunch/recess for missing items. Additionally, please remember to write your child's name inside these items so they can be more easily returned. Many students have the new Staton sweatshirt, so this will help us keep them all straight. Thank you!
To alert the school office
of an absent student,
just click the envelope
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include student name, date absent, reason for the absence, and cc your teacher. Please alert the school within three days of the absence. If you prefer, you can send in an absence note with your student within three days of the absence. All pre-arranged ansences must be approved by administration prior to the absence.
Effective Parent-School Communication
The level of collaboration between families and educators is an important predictor of student academic achievement. Please click HERE to find out ways you can be an active partner with your child's school.
Riki Holpuch - Parent
Kim Long - Parent
M'Recia Clawson - Parent
Leigh-Anne Mateyka - Parent
Shannan Ohlson - Parent
Jennifer Katz - Licensed Teacher
Robert Hollowood - Licensed Teacher
Teri Mann - Licensed Teacher
Julie Hosea - Support Staff
Thank you for your time and dedication!
Our next SOT meeting will be held on November 13, 2019 at 3:30pm in room 65.
Click HERE to view the agenda.
Pick up your car magnet in the office.